Child Refugees From Central America
Human Rights Alliance for Child Refugees & Families
QUIEN SOMOS: Una coalición de organizaciones, academicos y miembr@s comunitarios con el objetivo de mobilizarnos en apoyo a los jovenes, niños, y familias migrantes actualmente en condiciones criticas dentro de Estados Unidos.
HISTORY: On Thursday, June 19th, 2014, a group of concerned community members, immigrant advocates, and organizers came together to strategize how to address the recent immigration crisis taking place on the U.S.-Mexico border as more and more unaccompanied minors are detained and held in warehouses under inhumane conditions all across the United States. We are highly concerned with the way the media is portraying this as a “humanitarian crisis” that needs military intervention, which are the grounds the U.S. government and Obama administration are using to justify the continued expansion of the migrant detention system and the iView pagencarceration of undocumented youth.
Please join us for our next meeting/event if you are interested in becoming involved to change this discourse and create REAL alternatives for our migrant youth and families! Volunteer for a committee, and help us spread the word!
- CARECEN (Central American Resource Center)
- RENASE (Red Nacional de Salvadoreños en el Exterior)
- IDEPSCA (Instituto de Educacion Popular del Sur de California)
- NASP (National Association of Salvadoran Professionals)
- JFMLN SoCal (Juventud del Frente Farabundo Marti para la Liberacion Nacional of Southern California)
- SANA (Salvadoran American National Association)
- USEU (Union Salvadoreña de Estudiantes Universitarios)
- Homies Unidos
- Center for Human Rights and Constitutional Law