10 for TEN
In celebration of our ten year anniversary, we at Homies Unidos invite you join us in our *10 for TEN Campaign.
Our goal is to increase our public donor base allowing for greater community participation, ownership and insight.
Homies Unidos is a non-profit organization that functions on a combined income of foundation support and individual donations. Please consider making a financial contribution in support of our efforts to provide at risk youth with a positive future.
* Over the past 12 years more than 6,500 gang members have received drug rehabilitation, health services, job services, job training, and education through Homies Unidos.
* Over the past 5 years Homies Unidos has removed 350 gang related or victimes of domestic violence tattoos.
* Over the past 5 years 1,200 youth and parents have graduated from the Homies Unidos Epiphany Project.
* Over the next ten years we will double our efforts in becoming a catalyst for positive change in our communities
“Statistics show that violence prevention programs save lives and tax dollars — up to $3 for every $1 invested.” – The Rand Corporation, 1998
WHAT CAN YOU DO?
Become a donor. We are asking for a $10 monthly donation. By maintaining a monthly vested interest in the success of Homies Unidos you become part our community building peace process.
Can you donate $10 a month for ten years? YES
* Be sure to select “recurring donation” on the donation page. Thank you.
WHAT ELSE CAN YOU DO?
Become a fundraiser. By becoming a fundraiser you can bring more voices to the table as we work together as a community to make the lives of our youths and vulnerable families free of violence.
Raise money through you own network of friends and family by collecting pledges. Your donations demonstrate your faith in the change-making capacity of at-risk youth.
Can you ask your Homies to donate $10 a month for 10 more years?
“Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.” – Margaret Mead